Danger signs “kidney stones” see quickly and hurry to treat them before kidney failure
Kidney stones are the leading cause of kidney disease. It can be found in people of all genders and ages. Men are more likely to be found than women. And the age range found in most cases is 30-40 years old, if left for a long time, do not hurry to treat May cause infection until the kidney tissue is damaged. In the future, renal impairment and renal failure can occur. Should consult a doctor Get treatment before severe symptoms
What are kidney stones?
Dr. Somkiat Pumphaisanchai, urology surgeon Urology Center Bangkok Hospital said that kidney stones are a disease caused by the accumulation of various hard minerals. Until it becomes a lump of different types and sizes They are often found in the ureter and urinary tract. As a result of urine concentration and precipitation Which is likely to be repeated
Causes of kidney stones
Abnormal high levels of calcium in the urine can be caused by a number of factors, including
– Eating too high in calcium, protein, salt and sugar
– Drink less water
– Put a lot of sugar in the drink
– Eat foods that contain oxalates to inhibit calcium absorption, such as nuts, bamboo shoots, chocolate, spinach, sweet potato, etc.
– Consume more than 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C per day.
– The parathyroid gland is overworked
– Caused by complications from gout Chronic inflammatory bowel disease Obesity, overweight And diabetes
Danger signal Early symptoms of “kidney stones”
– Pain in the waist next to the stone Pain in the back or lower abdomen on one side With heartache Intermittent pain
– fever, chills
– nausea and vomiting
– cloudy, red, sandy urine
– Urinating often or when urinating will cause pain.
– If the stone falls into the ureter, severe abdominal pain will occur.
– but in some cases, some patients have no symptoms
How to diagnose kidney stones
There are several diagnostic tests, including:
– Check urine if a large number of red blood cells are found. It may be assumed that it is a kidney stone.
– Blood test for kidney stones patients There is often a large amount of calcium or uric acid in the blood.
– abdominal X-ray Will help to see stones in the urinary tract
– Computed tomography (CT Scan) helps the doctor see small stones.
– renal ultrasound Help detect kidney stones clearly. 4) Kidney X-ray by color injection (IVP) to diagnose the cause of kidney stones and can be planned to prevent recurrence of kidney stones.
How to treat kidney stones
Treatment for kidney stones Use treatment methods according to the type and cause, including:
– Treatment without surgery If the stone is very small, it may come off on its own. By drinking a lot of water To be excreted in the urine The doctor may consider drugs to help drive stones as appropriate.
– Using a stone break machine (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy: ESWL) is the breakdown of stones up to 2 cm in size by using high frequency sound waves to break the stones and expel them through the urine. The patient may feel a little pain. This method should be treated with a professional doctor closely.
– Endoscopy dissolves gallstones (Ureteroscopy) is a 3-centimeter-sized stone dissolving by a doctor using a tool with a ureteroscopy camera through the urethra to break the stone into small pieces. Excreted in the urine
– surgical treatment (PercutaneousNephrolithotomy: PCNL) is used if the stone is large and other treatments are ineffective. The doctor will perform surgery by making a small hole. The back of the patient and then use the endoscope In order to insert the tool into causing the gallstones to break into small pieces And then extracted the stone
How to prevent kidney stones
We can prevent the formation of kidney stones. Start by making small adjustments to your daily routine, such as
– Drink plenty of clean water to help reduce the chance of stone settling.
– Eat enough calcium from natural foods.
– Avoid salty foods
– Controls eating meat, milk, butter
– Vegetables can also help reduce the chance of gallstones.
– Another important thing is Should have regular check-ups To find the risk Can be prevented before the disease occurs